Reunion has a job opening! We are looking for a South End ReunionKids Director. The following is the job description. Feel free to pass it along. If anyone is interested, he/she can contact Matt Chin firstname.lastname@example.org.
South End Kids Director
Reports to Location Pastor
Part-time: 12-15 hrs/week
The location REUNIONkids director is responsible for communicating and embodying the mission of partnering with parents to teach children how to love and follow Jesus.
- Ensure that kids programming is done with excellence, safety, fun, and a positive attitude!
- Maintain that the kid’s classes are fully staffed with volunteers considering proper adult:child ratios
- Distribute written curriculum, gather all supplies and transport to the gathering
- Manage and communicate a schedule of volunteers for each gathering
- Order all supplies and equipment (with church card or reimbursements)
- Update and manage check-in systems, signage and kids environment
- Ensure leaders and contributors feel equipped, cared for and appreciated
- Build confidence and rapport with parents, ensuring safety and security are a top priority
- Recruit and train new volunteers as well as run background checks on all new volunteers
- Create location kids budget each year (with help from Lead Pastor)
- Execute 1-2 child dedication celebrations per year or as needed
- Engage families through one connecting event every six months (parents day out, Family experience, movie night, etc)
- Coordinate childcare volunteers for Baptisms, Leadership community, and Christmas Eve service
- Meet 1-1 with location pastor 1-2 times per month to ensure mission/vision alignment and for support
- Collaborate with other REUNION Kid’s Directors 1-2 times per month or as needed to ensure mission/vision at all locations align with one another.
- Participate in the life of the church: i.e. Community group, Worship, giving of time, treasure, and talent. These things are expected of every staff member and must be modeled for the community.
- Continue honing of skills.
- Be loyal to REUNION.
- Abide by budget allocations
- Spend regular time in prayer and studying God’s Word so that you can be in a position to lead others out of a growing relationship with Christ.