We want to remind you that 5th Sunday is coming up at REUNION on Sunday, June 30th. Here at REUNION, we have a tradition that any month that has five Sundays in it, we use the Fifth Sunday as an opportunity to serve our community.
All three of our locations will be participating. We’re excited to serve our community and partner with some great causes in our city. Everyone will still be meeting at 10:30am at our usual locations! After a few songs and sharing communion together, we’ll move into our 5th Sunday rhythm of serving our community, by working on a couple large projects.
Below are the details about the projects we’ll be working on in each location:
- The first project is with our partner Community Cooks. We are going to write Thank You notes, on behalf of Community Cooks, to all of the organizations that they partner with, cooking teams, and donors. In all, we should have around 200 notes to write.
- The second project will be to help out Reunion Kids and Reunion arts by cleaning out the closet. Our storage closet is long overdue for a clean up, and it makes things difficult for Bailey and Mandy to get things set up. We’ll spend some time sorting through things and throwing things out.
- We will also be sorting and organizing supplies for games that our DR team will take to play with the kids on their trip in July. This will mainly involve sorting and prepping different supplies.
- We will have a group cleaning up the courtyard and playground. We will provide gloves and trash bags. We’ve also been asked to power wash a few spots on the playground and building. This is an opportunity for the whole family and people of any skill level or age (team lead TBD)
- To help the school and balet with Spring Cleaning we will clean out the closets on the stage where we store some of our stuff. We will throw out trash and organize/clean everything else. (Team leaders Michelle Fuller and Jessica Nathania)
- PB&Js for Starlight Ministires. Like Serve Sundays in the past we will make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Starlight teams to pass out through their ministry to the homeless in and out city.
- The Blackstone teen center desperately needs to be painted. We’ve worked with some of the teens to determine the colors they way and will paint the foyer.
We’ll be partnering with a couple of organizations and will be asking people donate items.
- With Fostering Hope, we’ll be putting together blankets for children and sorting clothes and toiletries.
- We’ll also be writing letters of encouragement to prison inmates with Disciple of Christ Ministry.
Here are a list of items that we’ll be collecting for foster families. You can bring these items to our Quincy location on June 30th.
- baby wipes
- diaper cream
- baby shampoo/body wash
- kid shampoo
- soap/body wash
- toddler toothpaste
- deodorant- gender neutral
- Formal Outfits
- Winter accessories
- Summer Shoes
- Formal Shoes
- Car Seats / Boosters
- Pack – and – Plays
- High Chairs / Booster Seats
- Soft Baby Carriers
- Infant Tubs
- Bed Rails / Gates
- Backpacks & Duffle Bags